Since the puppies are only a few days old they aren't terribly interesting yet. They are growing like weeds, and I do intend to post some new pictures (and hopefully that video, although youtube is giving me some attitude!) tomorrow.
In the meantime, I thought I'd tell people a little about myself. As you know, my name is Holly. All my foster family knows is that I was abandoned by my owners when they moved out of an apartment, and it was the kindly landlord who brought me into the shelter.
I will be up for adoption once my puppies are weaned. Here's a list of good qualities I have that might make me the ideal dog to join your family (I hope it doesn't sound like I am bragging!):
- I will sit and shake a paw on command.
- I don't need to be on a leash when we go outside (although a little of this is because I want to get back to my puppies).
- When my foster family says, "Hurry up and pee, I'm freezing!", I hurry up and pee.
- I get along well with cats (there are two living with me right now).
- I have a remarkable vertical leap (lesson learned, says my foster mom, of leaving the Milkbones on the pool table. But she only had to yell at me once and I never did it again!)
- I will sit quietly by your hand and wait for you to pet me, without being obnoxious about it.
- Other dogs don't seem to bother me.
So have a look at this face:
...and tell me you don't want me to be part of your family!
Keep warm, all you Islanders! I'm off for one last pit stop, then to bed. Wading through all this snow is exhausting!